An author box can be displayed on posts and archive pages that shows: author profile image, author name, author introduction text and associated social profile links.
Enable Author Box in the theme
1. In WordPress Dashboard, go to Users > All Users option.
2. Click Edit under the specific author name.
3. Now scroll down and look for the Author Box section (right above the ‘Author Archive SEO Settings’ section).
4. Click to check (tick mark) options: enable Author Box on this User’s Posts and enable Author Box on this User’s Archives.
5. Click the Update User button at the bottom to save changes.
Intro text & Social Links in the Author box
1. Repeat step 1 and step 2 above to open the user’s edit page.
2. Add the author description in the box next to Biographical Info under ‘About the user ‘section.
3. For social links, add specific social profile URLs in relevant boxes under the Contact Info section for: Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and so on.
Change profile image of the author
1. By default, image set in your gravatar account (A Globally Recognized Avatar) will be displayed in the author box.
2. If no image is displaying, then create a new account on gravatar.com website.
3. There you can upload a profile image and associate it with an email IDs to be used in the author account details.